Mobile Deposit FAQs
What is mobile deposit?
CornerBank’s mobile deposit is a way to electronically deposit checks from your iPhone or Android phone using CornerBank’s mobile app. Tablets are currently in the development stage.
How do I know if I am eligible to use mobile deposit?
To use mobile deposit, you must be a current CornerBank customer with an open checking account for at least 60 days. You also must be enrolled in online banking and have downloaded the free CornerBank mobile banking app. Before depositing your first check, you must read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement. This service is for personal online banking only. At this time, it is not available for business customers or savings accounts.
How much does it cost to deposit a check with my phone?
Mobile check deposit is free to CornerBank customers*. Just download the CornerBank mobile banking app to begin.
Is mobile deposit safe and secure?
Check deposits made through the CornerBank mobile banking app are protected according to the highest financial industry standards. Security features include: password protection, internet firewalls and 128-bit encryption. Making a deposit with your phone is as safe as using www.cornerbank.com.
How do I make my first mobile deposit?
Making your first mobile check deposit is fast and easy:
1. Contact us and let you know you would like to have Mobile Deposit.
2. Make sure you have downloaded the mobile banking app for either your iPhone, or Android device.
3. Sign in on the CornerBank mobile banking app using your www.cornerbank.com user ID and password.
4. Choose “Deposit” on the home screen.
4. As part of enrollment in the service you’ll be asked to read and accept the Remote Deposit Capture Services disclosure and agreement.
5. Select the checking account into which you want to deposit the check.
6. Enter the amount of your check.
7. Endorse the back of your check with your signature and write “For Mobile Deposit Only.”
8. Use your phone to snap pictures of the front and back of your check.
9. Submit the check for deposit.
10. You will receive onscreen confirmation that your check was received by CornerBank
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Amounts not matching
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- No camera on the device
- Image is too dark
Try using mobile deposit in a well lit area to prevent shadows and poor image quality. The check should be placed on a flat, dark surface. Keep your hands clear of the check while taking the picture.
How will I know when the check has been posted to my account?
After submitting images of the front and back of your check, you will receive onscreen confirmation that CornerBank has received your deposit. You also will have the option to email a confirmation number to yourself. Your check will be processed by CornerBank staff and memo posted throughout the day. All deposits made prior to 4:00 p.m. CST will be memo posted the same business day and you should see the deposit on your Online Banking after processing that evening. Please see CornerBank’s Funds Availability Policy for more information about deposits. Please do not dispose of your check or attempt to process at another institution or through another channel (ATM or in-branch). You should keep your check for 60 days and then destroy or shred it.
*CornerBank does not charge you a fee for using this service. However, charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Regular account charges apply. The Mobile Check Deposit service is subject to eligibility. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Access to CornerBank’s Mobile Banking apps and Mobile Deposit require a valid CornerBank username and password from www.cornerbank.com.