A personal mortgage is a loan in which your house functions as the collateral. For many years, the only type of mortgage available was a fixed-interest loan repaid over 30 years. It offers the stability of regular — and relatively low — monthly payments. Now, there are also adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs), loans with an even lower initial interest rate that adjusts or “resets” every year for the life of the mortgage. There is some risk associated with ARMs, as rates could go up, so be sure you understand all of the terms of this loan before you select it instead of a fixed rate loan.
So…how can CornerBank help?
At CornerBank, we want to help you with a loan that fits your needs and is well within your means. We’ll help you review your finances so you can make a sound decision about purchasing a home that won’t make you “house poor,” where you have a house but can’t afford other living expenses.
- Fixed and variable rate mortgages available
- FHA loans – Lower down payment requirements
- Rural development loans – 100% financing available
- Purchases and refinances (1-4 family residences). As low as 3.5% down payment on purchases
- Competitive rates/terms
- Investment property/purchases or refinances
- Second mortgages/home improvement loans
- Home equity line of credit for home improvements, college expenses, travel. There may be tax advantages to home equity products.
- Interim construction loans
To stream-line the decision-making process and get you on the road to buying your new home, a little prep-time in gathering financial information and documents is beneficial. CornerBank’s mortgage application packet will get you on the road, just click here. When you’re ready, contact one of our Personal Mortgage Representatives.
Prefer to apply online? Click here to get started today!
All loan payments must be accompanied by the account number or payment coupon provided. Mailed loan payments must be sent to CornerBank, P.O. Box 545, Winfield, KS 67156-0545. Loan payments may also be made in person at any CornerBank lobby location. Loan payments received outside of normal business hours will be credited next business day or as otherwise permitted by law.