- I'm still hesitant about banking online. Can other people see my account information?
- Your account information is just as secure as it is at your physical bank. We've taken every step possible to be sure our system meets the latest security standards, including using the latest security encryption methods and software.
- What about filling applications out online? How secure is that?
- Filling out applications online is as secure as the Online Banking System. Your entire session, from beginning to end, is encrypted. Our system supports 128-bit encryption, so you can also use the latest browser from Netscape or Microsoft that supports this security level. In fact, the highest encryption Netscape and Microsoft browsers support is 128-bit, so you will be using the highest bit encryption currently available if you use a 128-bit encryption capable browser.
- I keep hearing a lot about encryption? What exactly is it, and why does it make everything more secure?
- Encryption is basically a way to rewrite something in a code that can then be decoded later with the right key. The encryption we use employs a mathematical process for the key, which is made up of a certain number of bits (hence, 128-bit encryption). The higher the number of bits, the better the encryption. While using our Online Banking System, all communication from you to the system and from the system to you is encrypted using a maximum of 128 bits. In other words, when you send information to the system, your browser encrypts it using a 128-bit key, then send it to the system. The system then decodes the information you sent it using the key and processes it.
- What about information that is stored? Is it encrypted as well?
- Information stored on our system is also encrypted using at least 128 bits.
- I'd like to know more about the security methods you have implemented. Where can I read more?
- What is Secure Email?
For your convenience and protection, CornerBank has added a SecureMail
program to our website. If you need to send confidential information to
CornerBank, use this encrypted technology to ensure safe transmittal of
your information. NEVER send confidential information using regular
To begin using secure mail, click here to set up your account.
- What are the system requirements for Secure Email?
- All you need is access to the Internet and an email account.
- How do I get started?
- Click on the Create an Account link on our SecureMail page:
You will be asked to register by providing your name and a password of your
choosing. You will use this password to send and retrieve future Secure
Email messages. Please note that whenever you reply to a Secure Email,
your reply is automatically encrypted.
- How do I initiate a Secure Email?
- Can I use Secure Email to send email to addresses not at CornerBank?
You can only use CornerBank's secure system to send to addresses ending with @cornerbanks.com
- Is there a time limitation for message retrieval?
Yes, all messages must be retrieved within 30 days. After 30 days, they
will expire and need to be resent.
- What is the limitation for attachments?
Attachments cannot exceed 20 MB.
- When should I use Secure Email instead of regular email?
Whenever you transmit confidential information such as account numbers or balance information.
- What other precautions should I take when using Secure Email?
Do not include confidential data in the subject line, as it is not encrypted.
- Who should I contact if I have further questions?