Trusts offer flexibility in how assets are used while living and dispersed after death. Check out our trust services to control your financial destiny.
A trust is a written document that provides for how a person's assets will be administered both during their lifetime and after death. This can be a separate document, such as a revocable living trust, or it can be created at a person's death through a will. A person can create a trust for both personal estate planning and for minimization of federal and state estate taxes. When you name CornerBank as your trustee or successor trustee, you have the following benefits:
The trust document must be prepared by an attorney and CornerBank can be named either as the current trustee or a successor trustee. We would be happy to work with you and your attorney to review your current estate plan or to establish a plan.
Trust fees are based on the services required. Contact us for additional information on trust services and our fee structure.
- Trust is customized to meet the needs of the grantor(s)
- Privacy and avoidance of probate
- Record keeping and tax reporting for grantor(s) and accountant
- Custody and safekeeping of trust assets
- Protection of grantor(s) in case of incapacity
- Payment of all bills and receipt of all income
- Continued professional advice and tax planning
- Protection of family harmony
Executor of Estates
- We do not give legal advice or prepare documents, but work with you and your attorney, when the bank is named in the document to serve.
- Experienced professionals with financial responsibility.
- An impartial third party.
- Specialized knowledge in handling estates.
- Possible tax savings.
- Up-to-date technology.
- All estate services are provided under the District Court - Probate Division supervision per Kansas statute.
- We do not charge for an initial visit. Fees for future visits are based on time and out of pocket expenses.
Investment Agency Accounts
- CornerBank is available to serve as an executor or administrator of estates, as well as the alternate executor in case a family member is named first. We also may assist as agent when a family member is named.
- Bonded, impartial and experienced
- Work with the individual or family and their attorney in establishing and administering their estate plan.
- Executor services
- Probate the will and receive appointment.
- Administer payment of final expenses and claims on the estate and assets.
- Distribute assets per court order.
Contact us for additional information about our fee structure.
- Agency Agreement
- Direct investments or give authority to CornerBank.
- Custody and safekeeping of assets.
- Investment management.
- Bill paying and collection of income.
- Record keeping for taxes.
- Cash sweep in agency account.
Contact a CornerBank representative below to help secure your trust needs today!